Hawai’i Is Beautiful

February 18, 2006 | Life

Hawai’i is absolutely beautiful. And we haven’t even really left the Waikiki area yet except to do a seaplane ride (which was fabulous). This place is a total tourist trap but the water and weather are wonderful.

Here are a couple of pics so far:

imageimage

Tomorrow we’re up Diamondhead and out to view some dolphins. On Monday we’re renting a car and heading up to the north shore and Huanama Bay (I think I spelled that right, maybe).

I think we’re gonna have to look into moving here…

• Well, we’re back now.

We made it up around the north shore but it was raining that day. We did get to stop for dinner at the Sharks Cove Grill – a large truck at the side of the road with a patio that overlooks, you guessed it, Sharks Cove.

I think that was our best dinner there – definitely had the best view.

We made it into chinatown but all the itty bitty restarurants scared Andy so we didn’t eat there.

I’ll be wrapping this up more when I pick a group of pics to post.

Shawn, February 22, 2006 5:40 pm | permalink

• Fantastic, have a great time, because it’s snowing here!

James Badger, February 22, 2006 2:42 pm | permalink

• Check out Kailua, which I think is on the north shore. Absolutely beautiful, and much better swimming than Waikiki. Also head into China town and try the pho (Vietnamese noodly soup). Also, while you’re in China town, you can buy cans of beer for like 45 cents! At 9:00 am on a Sunday morning! And stop by the Polynesian Cultural Center, too, if you have time. There’s some great stuff to see there, as well as a huge buffet and a very cool after-dinner show. And if you move to Hawaii, be sure to send me your address so I can look you up when I move there too. It’s so unbelievably awesome there it’s unbelievable!

Mustapha Mond, February 22, 2006 4:24 pm | permalink

• I think my senses would explode being on a plane that actually lands on the sea. Sounds fun 😀

Joey B., February 18, 2006 7:52 pm | permalink

• color me jealous. I’d love to go to there. enjoy it!

John Pennypacker, February 18, 2006 8:38 pm | permalink

• Sweet! Even better with Lightbox.

Tom, February 18, 2006 7:48 pm | permalink

• Got any Hawaiian dancers dancing for you?

Tom, February 18, 2006 7:48 pm | permalink