Exhibitionist

September 30, 2006 | Dogs

image

This post is part of the thread: Dogs – an ongoing story on this site. View the thread timeline for more context on this post.

• They look like a pair of troublemakers.

beebs, October 2, 2006 1:58 am | permalink

• Cute is their saving grace.

Shawn Parker, October 2, 2006 7:56 pm | permalink

• I think I’m gonna get myself a dog next year. Any suggestions or readings?

Tom, October 5, 2006 3:21 pm | permalink

• If you get a puppy you should be prepared for lots of invested time. To properly potty train a puppy you have to take it outside a couple of times a night at regular intervals. This happens for a couple of months.

If you’re not going to be home all day you need to either make provisions for coming home at regular times or to have the dog be able to poop and pee somewhere inside.

Look up crate training.

Be firm. They’re cute, but if you let them they’ll start to think that they’re the boss and you can’t have that.

Watch the occasional episode of "Dog Whisperer" with Ceaser Milan.

There’s a bunch more… I could probably have Any write out a bunch in more detail.

Shawn Parker, October 6, 2006 7:50 am | permalink

• Cool. I was thinking about adopting one from an animal shelter. Is that recommended? I was looking for getting a more mature dog.

Tom, October 6, 2006 2:25 pm | permalink

• I think that’s a fantastic idea. We were looking at doing the same thing when we ran across these two at the Denver Dumb Friends League. The next dogs that we get will be older adoptions.

Everybody wants puppies – its the older dogs that are the hardest to adopt out. We figure the next time around we’ll get an older dog, around 6-9 years old and spoil him for the rest of his life.

Shawn Parker, October 6, 2006 2:50 pm | permalink

• Not that these two aren’t spoiled.

Shawn Parker, October 6, 2006 2:51 pm | permalink