We finally got our xBox 360

November 12, 2006 | Jabberwocky

I had been telling myself for the longest time, with the help of Andy, of course, that I could hold off on buying an xBox 360 until Halo 3 came out.

But then there was Gears of War. Truly addictive, very fun, and bloodier than hell.

Since we let our old xBox Live subscription expire we couldn’t get out old names back, but at least I could find something fun. Come and kick my ass if you see me online. I really suck. Though I’m starting to think that the Berserkers are actually kinda cute…

image

That other game we got too

As part of the package we also got Project Gotham Racing. And while I’ve enjoyed this game in the past I was sorely disappointed in the graphics after playing Gears of War.

I need to find a good driving game. I adore the old Gran Tourismo games and would love to see something along those lines on the xBox. I guess Forza does that, but I’ll have to try playing it first… despite having dove into Gears of War I really do have a hard time diving into new games without knowing a bit about them. Especially driving games where the feel of the game is so very important.

• I think I’m getting a Wii. I never saw the point of getting Xbox and Playstation when I could game on a PC. But Wii, and its little cool controllers and such, changed my mind.

Tom, November 14, 2006 3:12 pm | permalink

• Yeah, the Wii is very intruiging. Though, the games I like to play are on the xBox and I prefer gaming from my couch to gaming in front of a PC. And I might just be old school (first console was an Intellivision) but I actually prefer the game pad to a keyboard and mouse.

Shawn Parker, November 14, 2006 11:46 pm | permalink

• The first I played extensively was a NES. I never owned one because I always liked the feel of Keyboard/Mouse combination than a joystick/game pad. After NES, I never played any gaming console until one of my best friend in middle school got PS2 when it first came out. I played a lot of Gran Turismo, and then after that, I didn’t play anything on a console.

It’s odd. Most people seem to prefer the gamd pad/joystick than keyboard/mouse. I just find keyboard and mouse combination more responsive and easy to accurately control a character/crosshair.

Tom, November 18, 2006 11:06 am | permalink

• gears is great. glad to see you happy with it gip. at some point we’ll have to kill each other 😉

i like both the k/m and the gamepad (except the dualshock – what a pos).

i currently have:

NES

N64

GBA

DS

PSP

PS2

Gamecube

360

MacBook Pro w/ XP

i like games.:)

gozer, November 23, 2006 7:17 pm | permalink

• When did you get an MBP? I thought you had a black MacBook.

Shawn Parker, November 23, 2006 11:05 pm | permalink