Chemo by the numbers
Mar 29, 2017 | Cancer | By Shawn Parker
I was going over my time spent dealing with the chemo and was able to figure out some interesting numbers. Okay, maybe interesting to just me, but here goes:
- 117 days from beginning chemo ‘till returning to work.
- 20 days of chemo treatments.
- 3 days spent overnight in the hospital.
- 2 visits to the hospital ER.
- More than 100 hours spent in the oncology ward.
- More than 70 liters of fluid pumped in to my body.
- More than 50 pokes with a needle.
- More than 15 vomit sessions.
- More than 12 days spent sleeping all day.
- More than 8 doses of morphine.
- Up to 5 days between significant meals.
- Up to 5 days between poops. But also…
- … 2 episodes of shitting my pants.
The most important number of all, though, is the 2808 hours of unconditional love from the wife.
Tagged as: chemo, numbers, stats, time